The collection is unprocessed and closed; no further information about it is available at this time.
Bernard Mandelbaum Collection, The Library of the Jewish Theological Seminary, New York, N.Y., ARC.1000.116, (Box #, Folder #).
Funding for the retrospective conversion of the original finding aid documents to produce this guide using Archivists’ Toolkit was made possible by a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).
Bernard Mandelbaum recieved his B.A. from Columbia Univeristy in 1942, was ordained at the Jewish Theological Seminary in 1945, and earned a Doctor of Hebrew Letters from JTS in 1953. He spent 27 years at JTS as both an administrator and professor, serving as a professor of homiletics, reader in Midrash on the faculty of the Rabbinical School, registrar (1946-1950), dean of students (1951-1959), provost (1959-1966), president (1966-1972), and president emeritus (1973). He also co-directed the Institute on Religious and Social Studies along with Louis Finkelstein, and was a program editor for the radio program "The Eternal Light."
Restrictions on Access:
The collection is unprocessed and closed until further notice. Inquiries can be sent to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.