ARC.1000.052 - Congregation Oheb Shalom (South Orange, NJ) Records

This is a downloadable object of filetype html and size 29.21 KB.
Abstract/Description: The Congregation Oheb Shalom (South Orange, NJ) Records is divided into two parts. One part consists largely of photocopies of documents dating from 1857 to 1991, while the other consists of original documents, 1880-1975. As a whole, the collection consists of a somewhat miscellaneous group of items which document events at Oheb Shalom from the mid-nineteenth century to the present. Included are correspondence; minutes, reports, resolutions, and other records of the board of trustees; rabbis' reports, 1908-1960; speeches of rabbis Schwarz, Hoffman, and Levitsky; issues of the weekly Oheb Shalom Review, 1911-1996; fundraising and financial records; material relating to the synagogue's buildings; records of the Men's Club, 1987, and the Miriam Verein Women's Auxiliary, 1880-1970s; cemetery records; miscellaneous programs and invitations, 1916-1986, including one for a memorial service for Dr. Solomon Schechter, 1916, and another for the induction ceremony of Rabbi Louis Levitsky, 1940; by-laws, policy statements, clippings, circulars, and other material.
Subject(s): Hoffman, Charles Isaiah, 1864-1945
Levitsky, Louis M. (Louis Moses), 1897-1975
Synagogues--Organization and administration
Date Issued: 1857